Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Preparing for Presentation

The last Wednesday, we practiced our presentation for the last R&P class of this term. I was relieved to hear that it’s just a practice and the teacher doesn’t evaluate it, but still, I felt nervous when I speak in my turn. My presentation was about one of my favorite musicals, “Next to Normal.” Because I love the musical, I have a lot that I want to talk about it. The large ideas of mine made it hard to organize the presentation and to speak calmly. Through practicing the presentation, I could find points that I have to change. The voice have to be more clear, it is needed to make eye contact to communicate with the audience, and more slides can make the presentation more interesting. The confidence is one of the big problems. The unclear voice and the not making eye contact issues were occurred because I didn’t have confidence in me. I think we can get the confidence when we practice again and again, so I will practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment